locally grown food
Read about how it worksHow it Works
We are currently offering delivery to Rocky Mountain House once/month and Stettler twice/month.
For Stettler: The next delivery will be on October 30. We will be delivering to a pickup location at 4717 - 61A Street, Stettler just down the street from the GM dealership between 5 - 6 pm (new time!). You have until Tuesday, October 28 to place your order for this delivery.
For Rocky Mountain House: Our next delivery date for Rocky Mountain House is November 7 (Friday) at North Taimi Road. Order deadline is Tuesday, November 4.
We are now delivering EVERY WEEK to Sylvan Lake. Our pickup location there is Oasis By The Lake Health & Wellness, #102 - 5034 46 Street, Sylvan Lake. Pickup time will be 4-6 pm on Thursdays.
Please email us at (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or need a map.
Eat local. Eat well.The Green Pantry.ca is an online local food market that can bring local and regional foods to your family table. We search out local sources of quality products so we can offer you freshness, choice and delicious tastes.
Check out our pantry
How it works
- 1. Farmers and other food suppliers tell us what they have available on a weekly basis.
- 2. You order what you want by going online at www.TheGreenPantry.ca.
- 3. We put your order together on Thursdays and we either deliver it to you (if you live in Lacombe city limits - 4-6 pm); or you pick it up at 4702 Hwy 2A (behind Purple Rayne Salon) from 3-6 pm in Lacombe or Sunnybrook United Church (12 Stanton Street) in Red Deer between 4-6 pm.
Why should I eat local?
- TASTE – it’s the reason Farmers’ Markets are popular. Food just tastes better fresh.
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT – eating locally grown or produced food encourages our independence and sustains our agriculture system.
- ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP – food grown or produced in our region does not have to travel long distances to reach our plates. KNOW YOUR FARMER - Know where your food comes from and how it is grown.