locally grown food
Read about how it worksHow it Works
Pickup locations and times
Lacombe: Pickup at 4702 Hwy 2A (behind Purple Rayne salon) from 3-6 pm every Thursday
Ponoka: Pickup at 4201 45 Street, Ponoka from 4-6 pm every Thursday
Sylvan Lake: Pickup at 30 Willow Springs Crescent from 4-6 pm every Thursday
Red Deer: Pickup at Sunnybrook United Church (front lobby) from 4-6 pm every Thursday
Coming to Blackfalds every week beginning April 30.
Every Other Week:
Stettler: Pickup at 39136 RR 195 (Tower Road) from 5-6 pm every other Thursday. Next dates are April 30 and May 14
Rocky Mountain House: Pickup at Taimi Soil Projects, North Taimi Road, once per month on Friday from 9:30-12:00 am (first of month) and in the parking lot of Lou Soppit Community Centre (4733 54th Ave) on Friday from 5-6 pm once per month (middle of month). Next dates are May 1 at Taimi Soil Projects and May 15 at Lou Soppit Community Centre.
Please email us at (email@example.com) if you have any questions or need a map.
Eat local. Eat well.The Green Pantry.ca is an online local food market that can bring local and regional foods to your family table. We search out local sources of quality products so we can offer you freshness, choice and delicious tastes.
Check out our pantry
How it works
- 1. Farmers and other food suppliers tell us what they have available on a weekly basis.
- 2. You order what you want by going online at www.TheGreenPantry.ca.
- 3. We put your order together on Thursdays and we either deliver it to you (if you live in Lacombe city limits - 4-6 pm); or you pick it up at our hosted locations across Central Alberta listed at the top of this page.
Why should I eat local?
- TASTE – it’s the reason Farmers’ Markets are popular. Food just tastes better fresh.
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT – eating locally grown or produced food encourages our independence and sustains our agriculture system.
- ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP – food grown or produced in our region does not have to travel long distances to reach our plates. KNOW YOUR FARMER - Know where your food comes from and how it is grown.