locally grown food
Read about how it worksHow it Works
We are currently offering delivery to Rocky Mountain House once/month and Stettler twice/month.
For Stettler: The next deliveries will be on December 11 and December 18. We will be delivering to a NEW pickup location at 39136 RR195 (Tower Road - 1 km north of tracks on north side of Stettler). Order deadline is Tuesday, December 9 and 16.
For Rocky Mountain House: We will be making a final delivery before Christmas on Thursday, December 18 at Bauer Parking Lot from 5-6 pm.
For Sylvan Lake: Delivery every week to a NEW pick up location at 30 Willow Springs Crescent.
NEW PICKUP Location in Ponoka every Thursday at 4201 45 Street from 4-6 pm.
Please email us at (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or need a map.
Eat local. Eat well.The Green Pantry.ca is an online local food market that can bring local and regional foods to your family table. We search out local sources of quality products so we can offer you freshness, choice and delicious tastes.
Check out our pantry
How it works
- 1. Farmers and other food suppliers tell us what they have available on a weekly basis.
- 2. You order what you want by going online at www.TheGreenPantry.ca.
- 3. We put your order together on Thursdays and we either deliver it to you (if you live in Lacombe city limits - 4-6 pm); or you pick it up at 4702 Hwy 2A (behind Purple Rayne Salon) from 3-6 pm in Lacombe or Sunnybrook United Church (12 Stanton Street) in Red Deer between 4-6 pm.
Why should I eat local?
- TASTE – it’s the reason Farmers’ Markets are popular. Food just tastes better fresh.
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT – eating locally grown or produced food encourages our independence and sustains our agriculture system.
- ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP – food grown or produced in our region does not have to travel long distances to reach our plates. KNOW YOUR FARMER - Know where your food comes from and how it is grown.